Schools are important community assets that can play a significant role in assisting working parents to deal with the pressures of balancing work and family.
WA Labor wants to allow school communities the option of providing extra childcare through quality providers to utilise schools sites by:
- Providing a site for a childcare centre in the planning for every new public primary school and for before and after school care and school holiday care at new public primary schools; and
- Working with established schools to open up opportunities for more childcare, as well as before and after school care and holiday care.
WA Labor's Commitment to LGBTI Equality
A McGowan Labor Government will support the LGBTI community across government, recognising the urgent need to ensure targeted services are available for the LBGTI community in areas of high priority, with a particular focus on education, mental health, health and policing.
No Fracking in the South West, Peel and Perth Metropolitan Areas
A McGowan Labor Government will ban fracking in WA’s South West, Peel region and the Perth metropolitan area.
Due to the unique natural environment, high population density, land use patterns and deep aquifers in these regions, fracking poses an unacceptable risk to the farming and tourism industries in this area.
Creative WA - Supporting the Arts and Creative Industries
A McGowan Labor Government will continue WA Labor’s longstanding support for arts and creative industries in WA to grow our economy and create jobs.
- $10million towards redeveloping the Art Gallery of WA rooftop for use as a cultural venue
- Building performing arts centres in WA schools
- $3million Creative Music Fund to support emerging WA artists
- Bringing more touring art exhibitions to regional WA
Creating Vibrant Communities
WA Labor has a positive vision for better suburbs and a better life built around METROHUBS and underpinned by a revolution in planning.
- METROHUBS will create more jobs where people live
- Provide for a range of innovative housing options
- Hubs will be linked to an integrated and coordinated transport network
- Better planning will lead to less stress and anxiety in our daily life
Supporting Communities - delivering services to those in need
A McGowan Labor Government will work with the community services sector to ensure that we maximise every opportunity to deliver quality services to Western Australians in need.
More playing fields needed for sport and recreation in our suburbs
A McGowan Labor Government will create new sport and recreation spaces across Perth’s suburbs to help promote active and healthy living throughout the community.
Disclosure and Democracy in the Digital Age
A McGowan Labor Government will introduce greater transparency, integrity and accountability in political donations to create more trust in the WA election process and government.